Terms and Conditions
We accept credit card payments (MasterCard, Visa, Discover) as well as checks. Please mail all checks to:
Jean Knapp Rentals
P.O Box 2121
Ogunquit ME 03907
All reservations require a deposit of 1/2 the rental rate due upon booking. The second payment will be due 30 calendar days prior to your arrival and will include the 2nd half of the rental rate, plus applicable taxes and fees.
Reservations can be changed or cancelled within 7 business days of your booking, for any reason, with no penalties or additional charges. Changes or cancelations made after the initial 7 business days are subject to our cancelation policy and fee.
After 7 days, all rental deposits are non-refundable unless the agency is able to re-rent the property for the same term and rate. If we are able to re-rent the property, the Agency will issue a refund of your deposit less 10% of the TOTAL RENTAL RATE FOR THE RESERVATION.
If you decide you must cancel, you may not move your reservation to another week.
Tenant understands that they will receive the house in clean condition and agree to leave the property in "broom clean" condition which is explained below. They are to understand that the following is expected of them and must agree to complete these tasks prior to departure. By not leaving the house in "broom clean" condition, they agree that they are forfeiting their invitation for the following year.
- Please be sure that all utensils, plates, pots, and pans have been thoroughly cleaned and put away after every use.
- Please remove all food and drink from the house.
- Please get all trash out for specified pick up so that on check out day, all trash and recyclables has been removed from the house. It is understood that if tenant leaves a significant amount of trash, and/or recyclables, they will be charged a minimum of $75.00 for its removal.
- All furniture should be placed as it was found upon occupancy
- Tenants are responcible to check grill prior to use. Clean outdoor grill after every use. Re-fill propane tanks after use.
Property will be cleaned prior to check-in. Daily cleaning is the responsibility of the tenant. It is the tenant's responsibility to put the trash out on the day noted by the landlord/owner. If the trash is not placed for pickup, the $75.00 fee will be held from the security deposit to dispose of the trash. The property is to be left as it was found. Please do not move furniture or contents from positions in which they were found upon check-in. Properties not left clean and orderly will forfeit security deposit.
- It is agreed that the Premises shall be used only for residential purposes. No pets allowed unless owner has previously agreed and a pet addendum and fee has been collected by rental agency. No other parties, or unlawful purposes whatsoever.
- Tenant in the possession, use and occupancy of the Premises agrees to observe and comply with all restrictions, laws and ordinances affecting the Premises or occupancy thereof.
- Tenant further agrees that no use shall be made of the Premises, or acts done which will increase the existing rate of insurance upon the Premises, or will cause a cancelation of any insurance policy covering the Premises.
- Smoking is not permitted in any residence. A $150 fee may be charged for ionization, if smoking in the property is detected.
Jean Knapp Rental Agency, it's Agents and the property owner are held free and harmless from loss, liability, damages, lawsuits, claims, or causes or other action which may arise during tenancy including and without limitation liability for personal injury and/or personal property damages.