Terms and Conditions
Payments can be made by:
- Visa, MasterCard, or Discover cards
- Check payments mail directly to: Jean Knapp Rentals
PO Box 2121
Ogunquit, ME 03907
The refundable security deposit will be issued within 3 weeks of your departure date provided all home guidelines and check out procedures are followed. The purpose of the security deposit is to protect the property and contents. Remember, all properties are individually owned and should be cared for as if they were your own.
Reservations and Deposits:
All reservations require a 1st deposit of half of the rental rate to hold chosen dates. The 2nd deposit, the remaining rental rate balance, plus all applicable taxes, fees, and security deposit, - is due 30 calendar days prior to your arrival.
Bookings can be changed or canceled within the first 7 business days after your initial deposit has been received by Jean Knapp Rentals with no penalties or additional charges. Changes or cancelations made after the initial 7 business days will be subject to our cancelation policy. All rental deposits are non-refundable unless the Agency is able to rent the property for same term and rate. If you decide that you must cancel, you may not move your deposit to another week. There is a $75.00 cancelation fee. Any bookings made and then canceled within 30 days of arrival are exempt from the 7-day grace period. Theses rentals are final, paid in full at the time of booking, and guests will forfeit all funds in the event of a cancelation.
Tenant understands that they will receive the house in clean condition and agree to leave the property in "broom clean" condition which is explained below. They are to understand that the following is expected of them and must agree to complete these tasks prior to departure. By not leaving the house in "broom clean" condition, they agree that they are forfeiting their invitation for the following year.
-Please be sure that all utensils, plates, pots, and pans have been thoroughly cleaned and put away after every use.
-Please remove all food and drink from the house.
-Please get all trash out for specified pick up so that on check out day, all trash and recyclables has been removed from the house. It is understood that if tenant leaves a significant amount of trash, and/or recyclables, they will be charged a minimum of $75.00 for its removal.
-All furniture should be placed as it was found upon occupancy
-Tenants are responcible to check grill prior to use. Clean outdoor grill after every use. Re-fill propane tanks after use.
Property will be cleaned prior to check-in. Daily cleaning is the responsibility of the tenant. It is the tenant's responsibility to put the trash out on the day noted by the landlord/owner. If the trash is not placed for pickup, the $75.00 fee will be held from the security deposit to dispose of the trash. The property is to be left as it was found. Please do not move furniture or contents from positions in which they were found upon check-in. Properties not left clean and orderly will forfeit security deposit.
- It is agreed that the Premises shall be used only for residential purposes. No pets allowed unless owner has previously agreed and a pet addendum and fee has been collected by rental agency. No other parties, or unlawful purposes whatsoever.
- Tenant in the possession, use and occupancy of the Premises agrees to observe and comply with all restrictions, laws and ordinances affecting the Premises or occupancy thereof.
- Tenant further agrees that no use shall be made of the Premises, or acts done which will increase the existing rate of insurance upon the Premises, or will cause a cancelation of any insurance policy covering the Premises.
- Smoking is not permitted in any residence. A $150 fee may be charged for ionization, if smoking in the property is detected.
Jean Knapp Rental Agency, it's Agents and the property owner are held free and harmless from loss, liability, damages, lawsuits, claims, or causes or other action which may arise during tenancy including and without limitation liability for personal injury and/or personal property damages.